The Doll's Wheelchair: An Educational Toy to add Diversity to Doll Play
You know what's really embarrassing? When your young toddler stops, and points, and in his or her 'outside voice' says something like: "Look Mommy! That kid has no legs!" or something equally upsetting. And you suddenly feel like the worst parent in the world.
Is there any way you could have prevented this? Probably not, if only because there are so many different ways that kids can be 'other.' And you can't predict every teachable moment that's coming your way.
But you know what you can do?
You can add diversity to your kid's toy box. You can have Black Dolls and Boy Dolls and Asian Dolls and Down Syndrome Dolls and Doll's Wheelchairs. You can make it so natural for your child to see the other in their toy box, that it doesn't faze them at all when they encounter it outside.
- Our Doll's Wheelchair can be used with Teddy Bears and other 'stuffies' and most soft bodied baby dolls up to about 16 inches. And of course all of the 18 inch dolls like 'American Girl™,' Walmart's 'My Life As' and Target's 'Our Generation' dolls.
- Collapsible folding wheelchair is very realistic, with working wheels,
- Illustrated here with our Miniland Educational 15 inch dolls.
- The crutches are obviously too long for any but the 18" dolls.
- Set includes Collapsible Wheelchair, crutches, walking cast and 'bandages.'
- Ages 3 and older.
- Doll not included, for illustrative purposes only.
WARNING! Choking hazard: May contain small parts, not for children under 3 years.
We Also Recommend
Lots to Cuddle, a LIFE-SIZED and Realistic Black Baby Doll. Twenty Inches!