Melodee, the 15 inch Black Girl Down Syndrome Doll with 'Natural' Hair
As important as it is for children with Down Syndrome to be able to see themselves represented in the mainstream world of dolls and toys, it is just as important that Down Syndrome dolls are found in every child's home or school toy box as well.
For today's parents who want to teach their childen about race and acceptance and inclusion and diversity, this pretty Black Down Syndrome Girl doll is a safe and gentle way to start those kinds of conversations.
Of course when you give any child a Down Syndrome Doll, you trigger a learning experience. 'Who is this?' your child thinks, and, is she mine? And your child immediately starts telling herself stories and building relationships in her mind - in one simple word: creating. And your child becomes just a little bit smarter and a lot more imaginative.
- Melodee is a 15 inch Black Girl doll representing a child with Down Syndrome.
- Safe for children starting at 10 months old.
- 15 inches tall and made of soft scented vinyl with a full head of rooted synthetic 'natural' hair.
- No Phthalates or BPAs.
- Makes a great bathtub toy, is poseable, can sit by herself.
- She has a wonderful calm and serene expression on her face. A simply stunning sculpt. Anatomically correct.
- She does not have open/close eyes.
- One outfit included, styles and colors vary. Shown dressed in Pinapple Pink romper.
- Doll manufactured by Miniland Educational in Spain.
- Outfits may come from China, Phillipines, Vietnam etc.
- More outfits for 15 inch dolls available here:
- We bring diversity to your toy box! Melodee is just one of almost two dozen ethnic and international dolls we carry that are used by parents and teachers all over the USA to teach tolerence, diversity and understanding to children.
This doll can be gift-bagged - It's only $4.99. To add, please click here.
WARNING! Some dress-up outfits may contain small parts like buttons or bows that are considered Choking Hazards, not for children under 3 years without supervision.PS: Melodee was modeled after a real child.